Our MissionNew Life Burbank exists to be a worshipping, nurturing, and witnessing church in the city of Burbank, so that the Kingdom of God might be extended in Greater Los Angeles and to the world.
Our vision is to help the members of New Life Burbank to mature in Jesus Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to the glory of God the Father. This maturity will be expressed in 3 relationships.Relationship with God
- To know God by studying the Bible and by communing with Him in prayer, both as individuals and as a community.
- To love God by delighting in Him as our most satisfying treasure and by worshipping Him as our Savior and Lord
- To glorify God by striving to please Him, as we are being renewed in the image of Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- To know one another intimately by sharing our lives and our hearts with one another.
- To love one another fervently from the heart and to care for one another sacrificially and practically.
- To encourage one another with the truth, the power and the hope of the gospel.
- To know our unbelieving family and friends by taking a genuine interest in them and by learning their world-views, doubts, fears, and hopes.
- To love them by desiring and praying that they would come to know Jesus as their Savior and Lord.
- To serve them by sharing the gospel with them in a meaningful and relevant way and by adorning the gospel with acts of love.
Our Vision: Elaborated
Our Vision for Worship
Our vision is for Pastoral Worship. We desire our worship to welcome believers and to encourage them in their faith. We will do this by:
- Preaching the Word of God in a Christ-centered and gospel-centered way.
- Worshipping in a biblical, thoughtful, and simple way.
- Cultivating a sense of reverence, joy, and intimacy with God in the hearts of the worshippers.
- Including our children and encouraging their participation in the worship of God.
- Celebrating the Lord’s Supper every Lord’s Day.
- Singing both classic hymns and contemporary praise songs that exalt Christ and edify the church.
Our vision is for Evangelistic Worship. We desire our worship to welcome unbelievers and to engage them with the gospel. We will do this by:
- Preaching the gospel in a clear and direct way.
- Addressing questions that unbelievers may have in a respectful and thoughtful way.
- Exemplifying genuine love for the Savior and for one another.
Our Vision for Nurture
Our vision is for Christ-Enjoying and Life-Transforming Discipleship. We desire to produce believers who walk with Christ, who treasure Christ above all else, and who seek to please Christ in all areas of life. We will do this by:
- Teaching the full counsel of God, as revealed in the Word of God.
- Exhorting believers to a life of prayer, an attitude of grace, and a posture of humility.
- Instructing and encouraging believers to believe the truths of the gospel, to live by the power of the gospel, and to hold as most precious the hope of the gospel.
- Exemplifying Christ-enjoying and life-transforming discipleship in the lives of the pastors, elders, and deacons.
- Assisting the parents to nurture and to disciple their children in the Christian faith and life.
- Providing opportunities for believers to exercise their gifts in the service of Christ, His church, and His kingdom
Our vision is for Loving Community. We desire to cultivate gospel-centered, grace-driven, and loving friendships that promote sanctification in the context of community. We will do this by providing various opportunities for believers to meet together for fellowship, friendship, and prayer.
Our vision is for Faithful Shepherding. We desire for the elders to give pastoral care and comfort to the members of New Life Burbank. The elders will do this by:
- Praying for their sanctification and for their needs.
- Visiting and meeting regularly with them.
- Providing them with counsel and guidance when appropriate.
Our Vision for Witness
Our vision is for Relational Witness. We desire to impact Burbank and Greater Los Angeles with the gospel through the webs of personal relationships of the members of New Life Burbank. We will do this by:
- Equipping members to prayerfully, thoughtfully, and respectfully engage and evangelize the unbelieving people in their webs of personal relationships.
- Encouraging members to invite unbelieving people in their webs of personal relationships to the ministries and community of New Life Burbank or to direct them to another gospel-centered church in their vicinity.
- Exhorting members to adorn the gospel with acts of love and kindness.
Our vision is for Local and World Witness. We desire to impact our local community and the world with the gospel. We will do this by:
- Actively making known the welcoming presence of New Life Burbank in the city of Burbank specifically and in Greater Los Angeles generally.
- Supporting new gospel-centered church-plants throughout Greater Los Angeles.
- Supporting missionaries in various regions of the world
- Sending members to encourage missionaries and to support them in their labors for the gospel.
Additional ThoughtsOur Passion for this Vision
- We humbly believe that this vision is biblical and in accordance with the will of Christ for His church. And so we confidently believe that this vision is honoring and pleasing to our Triune God.
- Therefore, we are unrestrained in our passion for this vision.
- We will strategically implement and intentionally follow this vision.
- We will fervently pray for God to fulfill this vision.
- We will boldly believe that God will answer this prayer and fulfill this vision in, among, and through us, all to the praise of His glory.
- We joyfully invite you to join us in this thrilling journey to where God will lead us as New Life Burbank!
- Take time to think and pray about this invitation, during the course of New Life 101.